Saturday 2 June 2018

My First Con: A Year On

My First Con: A Year On.



During this past week, Facebook memories informed me it had been a year since I attended my first con. Attending a con was something I wanted to do, it was just a decision of which one. At the time of booking the tickets for Heroes and Villains FanFest 2017, there were a lot of actors I wanted to see. Whilst the ones I saw on the day were fantastic, some of the ones I originally wanted to see had to cancel because of filming commitments. 


I plan meticulously for events, I like knowing my transport, the plan for the day, and the level in which I have to "parent" the person I'm with. But the friend (who I am leaving nameless, and I forgot to ask if they were okay with being named) I went with didn't need that much help navigating London, although travelling from London Waterloo station after a weekend of being at the con meant my patience wore a little thin with the question, "are you sure we're not the right train?" I digress though, for the rest of the weekend was fun. 

I enjoyed the con, though there are a few things I wished I'd known beforehand. I'd done my research into the venue, and transport links. Even so, doing your con research, and attending it in real life are two different things. 

What I leaned being there? I learned that you should always know where your nearest cash points outside the venue are. You should always allow twenty minutes before and after a meet and greet/photo op/talk etc, to allow for longer wait times for these things. If you want to attend a talk, make sure you get into the queue fairly early. Always take cash, especially if you are taking part in the meet and greets - most of them didn't accept card payments. And never be afraid to talk to the people cosplaying. 

Would I have changed anything? The only think I'd change is not getting a picture with the Kylo Ren cosplayer. The story is great, but I was just in awe, overwhelmed and tired at that point, that I just got all shy - cosplayers don't bite! The rest of it, I wouldn't. I got to explore more of the high streets, and it was a nice enough weekend that I didn't mind the extra walking. I adored the meet and greets and though I spent way more than I should have, it's the memories that count and make it more special.

There are cons I wish to attend in the future, however, I haven't bought tickets for them. I'm sure I will definitely attend some more in the near future. 


I hope you've enjoyed reading this post! Below are a selection of pictures from the con. A lot of them are merch items I bought. 
I have permission from the friend I was with to post the Stephen Amell photo of us. I have more than these, but those are of my friend and I thought I'd only post the one with the two of us in it. 
Any vendors I remember buying from, I'll list them with the photos.

Newt Scamander Pop Vinyl. The Flash Pop Vinyl Key Ring Vendor: A Place in Space
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone ScriptSupernatural Season 1 Episode 1 Pilot ScriptAll autographs are reproductions of the originals.Vendor: Cowazinga


The Flash Season 1 Episode 1 Pilot Script
Arrow Season 1 Episode 1 Pilot Script
All autographs are reproductions of the originals. 
Vendor: Cowazinga. 

Crash Bandicoot Print
Vendor: Cowazinga

The Hogwarts Express Print
Vendor: Cowazinga

Tinkerbell Print
Vendor: Cowazinga

Heroes and Villains FanFest Poster
Vendor: Heroes and Villains FanFest

Heroes and Villains FanFest Top
Vendor: Heroes and Villains FanFest

Harry Potter Time Magazine Front Cover Poster
Vendor: Laser-Moon

The Flash Running Poster
Vendor: Laser-Moon

The Flash and Arrow Time Magazine Front Cover Poster
Vendor: Laser-Moon

Arrow Poster
Vendor: Laser-Moon

Me with Richard Brake

Me with Sean Gunn

One of the many photos I took in Michael Rooker's Panel.

Sean Gunn and Michael Rooker Autographs
Top: Primark

Stephen Amell Autograph

Myself, Stephen Amell and my friend. 

The Flash Logo Top

Arrow/Stephen Amell Top
Thank you for getting this far. I hope you enjoyed the photo spam. 

See you next week!



Social Media:
Facebook: Emmaberry (xEmmaberryx in URL)
Instagram: xEmmaberryx
Twitter: xEmmaberryx
Tumblr: emmaberrysworld
Wattpad: Emma113 and xEmmaberryx
Pinterest: xEmmaberryx

No comments:

Post a Comment