Saturday 30 June 2018

Get to Know Me

Things You Might Be Surprised to Learn About Me.


I've been posting on this blog for three months now, and aside from an introductory post, you haven't really had the chance to get to know me. Inspired by a question from Too Many Questions over on the REACT Channel on YouTube, I thought I'd vary the question and give my answer. 

If you want more posts like these, maybe as a mid week post, then comment below, or on any of my social medias and let me know. 


Question: What are any hobbies or interests you have that people might be surprised to know about you?

  1. I am really into Greek mythology. I started getting into it during my second year at college, when I studied Greek theatre. During the two years I've studied at university so far, I have spoken about Greek mythology at least once an academic year. The funniest story I have of my geekiness about Greek mythology is from my first semester of second year. My lecturer did two lectures on Ancient Greece, and mentioned the Trojan War and the Peloponessian War. However, they got the dates wrong. I was speaking to my friend when we went on a class trip to the archives a couple of towns over and really getting frustrated because of it. The next class I had with this lecturer, they asked if we were on the trip. When we said we were, they told us the lecturer on the trip said; "I heard some interesting conversations about Eastenders, and then I heard one on the Peloponessian War." THE CALL OUT! We were amused by it, but I was also embarrassed that we had been ratted out. But I got a 2:1 on that module, and it was one of my highest marks from this year, so I'm not complaining.
  2. I enjoy collecting photo cards. I have two different sized photo books with photo cards from Paperchase, The Shop that Must Not Be Named and the Harry Potter Studio Tour. It is an addiction. One of my favourite cards, and I believe this is the reason I am so obsessed with photo cards, is the behind the scenes shot of the opening establishing shot of Weasley Wizarding Wheezes. Not only is it my favourite shot of the entire franchise, it's the only photo card I've deliberately bought two of. 
  3. I still enjoy Taekwondo. Around 90% of people I meet are surprised when I say that I've done Martial Arts. Even friends who forget are shocked. I dropped Brownies for Boxing, the Boxing for Taekwondo. I picked up Korean Kickboxing along the way, but sadly stopped after a car accident left me with a permanent neck injury. I achieved my black belt in Taekwondo when I was sixteen, and because of the car accident, I did stop.
    An interesting story about my Taekwondo journey was when we started, I remember thinking, after I finish this portion of my membership, I am going to stop. I don't think this is for me. I don't recall when that time changed, but I'm glad it did because I really enjoyed my Martial Arts journey. 
  4. I am really into film scores. A score can sometimes make or break a film for me. If I enjoy a score, sometimes I can name it outside of the film it is in. There are two memories I have of being able to name the score, both from Harry Potter films, outside of the films.
    The first was October 2016, when I went to Bolsover Castle with my parents, brother, Aunt, and two cousins. We were sat in the cafe after going round the castle and can hear the music from the kitchen. I say, "they're playing Mr Longbottom Flies," much to the surprise of my family. I was correct in which track it was.
    The second happened just recently, watching the TV Show Warwick Davis doing with Bear Grylls, and one of the scores they played was Harrys Wondrous World. I then took it a step further and told my family that it is the same score they use in the adverts for the Studio Tour.
    So yes, I'm a bit nerdy when it comes down to film scores. 

I'll leave you with these four for the time being. If you want to know more, leave questions below or on my social media and I'll do another getting to know me post soon. 

See you next week!

-Emmaberry-


Social Media:
Facebook: Emmaberry (xEmmaberryx in URL)
Twitter: xEmmaberryx
Instagram: xEmmaberryx
Pinterest: xEmmaberryx
Tumblr: emmaberrysworld
Wattpad: Emma113 and xEmmaberryx

No comments:

Post a Comment