Saturday 9 June 2018

10 Songs from my Spotify

10 Spotify Songs


Over social media, I occasionally see tags where you put Spotify on shuffle and write about the first 10 songs that play. I listen to a lot of different genres of music, so I thought that this week I'd share 10 songs from my Spotify. 


  1. Dear Maria, Count me in - All Time Low. Oddly enough, this was not the first song I heard from All Time Low, nor is it my favourite. So listening to this song, and even watching the video it's very reminiscent of it's time (I am aware it's only 10 years old!). This song is on my favourite All Time Low songs playlist, and I do enjoy listening to it. I just don't search it out any more.


  2. We Don't have to Dance - Andy Black. Truth be told, I forgot I had this saved. I'm fairly certain it's in a few playlists that I haven't updated in a couple of years. I still enjoy the song, but I definitely don't seek it out. I remember when this came out, and I think I listened to it because a couple of friends liked Andy. This is probably the only solo song I have listened to from him, and I always had the intention of listening to the rest of his stuff.


  3. You and I - One Direction. I'm not surprised a One Direction song showed up. Occasionally, I still listen to their music. I don't think I'll ever stop, I just don't listen to it as frequently as I used to four years ago. Funnily enough, I really didn't like this song when it was released. This was a time I was starting to like pop punk over bubblegum pop, and this song was so slow and bored me. It wasn't until I watched the music video, that I started to enjoy it. I remember all the lyrics to the song, and probably sung it spontaneously, but it isn't in my favourite One Direction songs playlist. Still, it was nice to listen to it whilst writing this.


  4. You are the music in Me - High School Musical 2. The version that I have playing is the Sharpay version, but I actually prefer the original version. Yes, I still listen to High School Musical songs, and I love going back and watching the films. This is one of the songs I forget when I think of High School Musical, probably because I enjoy some of the other songs more. I think the original version is on my favourite High School Musical songs playlist, but not the Sharpay version. I tend not to seek this version out, but I definitely don't hate it. I enjoy listening to the song, just prefer the original to the Sharpay version.


  5. Story of Another Us - 5 Seconds of Summer. I don't know why, but I don't listen to this song as much as I should do. I've probably used it as a character theme at some point, but I don't think it has ever gone into my favourite 5 Seconds of Summer songs playlist. I really enjoy listening to the song, though I don't actively seek it out. It was on the extended edition of Sounds Live Feels Live, so I ended up listening to the song later than I probably should have. I'm definitely going to be listening to this song more.


  6. Life of the Party - Shawn Mendes. This was the first Shawn Mendes song I ever heard, and it was because the video for it played in an ad break between Catfish episodes. Who would have thought Shawn would be the reason I got back into pop music. Listening back to it now, I know it isn't  my favourite Shawn song, but it is definitely in the favourite Shawn Mendes song playlist. I think he sung this on the Illuminate Tour, but from what I've heard through videos, it definitely sounds good live. I don't seek this song out, like I do some of the other songs. I'm going to start listening to it more, because I forgot how much I enjoyed it when it came out.


  7. I've got a dream - Tangled. This is not my favourite Tangled song. I don't mind the song, but it's one of those songs I sometimes contemplate skipping. If At Last I See the Light was playing, I'd definitely be praising it. That being said, it's a good song - I just think it works better with the film footage accompanying it. I don't seek it out like I do with When will my Life Begin and At Last I See the Light, but I'm going to make it my goal to not contemplate skipping this song when it comes on.


  8. I'm not the Guy - Lyon Estate. I am so happy that this band made the list, especially since they are so unknown. This is my favourite song on the EP, and definitely a contender for my favourite Lyon Estate song. Listening to the lyrics, I sometimes wonder why I love the song so much, but I really can't explain why. It is a pop punk sound, and I can't resist pop punk at the best of times, but I think everything works with the song. Whilst I missed out on the recent merch release (because I am broke and when I got round to looking, my size had sold out), the new single is out soon! And there are music videos coming out soon! Basically, I'm saying check these guys out because they deserve all the love and support.


  9. Tonight (We Live Forever) - Union J. I haven't listened to this song in years. I haven't really listened to Union J since George left, though that isn't because he left. I actually saw Union J on tour for this album and it was such a good night, and they sound so good live. With this song, I think it was one of my favourites, but I never created a Union J favourite songs playlist. I enjoy the song, and I think if I still sought Union J out, it would be one I'd seek out and listen to. I'm going to start listening to some of my favourite Union J songs more, and see if the list has changed over the past couple of years.


  10. A Million Dreams - The Greatest Showman. I adore this song. When I first heard the Greatest Showman songs, This is Me was my favourite. But, over time, I really came to love A Million Dreams. I think it is because I can use it as character themes, but this as the first major opening song really lifts my spirits. I find myself singing this song more than I should, but I don't care. Any excuse to sing it is fine by me. 


I promise my music taste is more varied than pop, pop punk and musicals. I just pressed shuffle ten times on my Spotify, and now have a bit of fixing up on my recently played. 

I hope you enjoyed reading some of the songs on my Spotify playlist, and who knows, maybe I'll do more of these in the future, I really enjoyed this. 

See you next week!

-Emmaberry-



Social Media:
Facebook: Emmaberry (xEmmaberryx in URL)
Twitter: xEmmaberryx
Instagram: xemmaberryx
Tumblr: emmaberrysworld
Pinterest: Emmaberry

No comments:

Post a Comment