Saturday 19 May 2018

Deadpool 2 Review

Deadpool 2 Review




Holy shitballs! How do I begin to explain how incredible Deadpool 2 was without giving spoilers? With extreme difficulty, but this is going to be a spoiler free review. 

I want to start by saying I never saw the first Deadpool in cinema, nor did I buy into the hype of the first one. I had originally booked onto seeing this one with friends, but as it turned out, I ended up going with my Dad. Which when you have a similar sense of humour, only makes the film that much better. 


Whenever I watch a film, I end up finding myself drawn to the soundtrack. And I was not disappointed by the soundtrack to Deadpool 2 in the slightest. A lot of the songs, I actually know most of the words to, so I spent quite a lot of time grinning like a maniac at the songs. What made it more hilarious to me, is where I recognise some of the songs from, and it's also from pop culture, rather than their original release. 


The opening act was definitely my favourite. I'm not sure whether it was the songs chosen for it, or the fact it's just so perfectly Deadpool that everything worked. I'm not going to lie, it's only something that works with Deadpool, and probably wouldn't be as successful if it was done in another film, or franchise. 


A lot of the pop culture references and quips were so perfect. I found myself laughing out loud at the majority of them, and ended up in the laughing until I cry state. 
Every one of them had a meaning within the scene, whether it was to add humour, or relate to the scene. 


There were a few parts that didn't work for me, but they were almost addressed within fourth wall breaks, that I had to let it slide. 

It's so hard to write this review because there is so much I want to say, but will spoil it. 

JUST GO WATCH IT! 

I give this film a 9 out of 10, and will probably go and watch it again in the cinema. 

No comments:

Post a Comment