Saturday 21 July 2018

Eleanor & Park Review

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell



I need to talk about this book. I'm on holiday and I've just finished reading it, and now I don't know how to feel. So if you're expecting formatted, coherent thoughts, then this probably isn't the review you should read.
I've been a fan of Rainbow Rowell's work since I read Fangirl for the first time. I think I did a review of that on my Tumblr when I first read it. And I was excited to read this book, especially since from the blurb, Eleanor reminds my friend of herself.

Eleanor & Park does fit into the YA category. Despite this, there were certain points I wanted to say, "you're sixteen!" However, it was these moments that added to my emotions upon finishing the book.
I've never been in love, and even I felt like I was reminded of being in love with someone from my past. I 100% agree with John Green's review on the front. I adore this book, and didn't want to put it down.

I love that this was set in the 80s, rather than the present day. To understand the pop culture references gave me great joy, and physical mixtapes over Spotify playlists made me smile. Even the use of a landline bought a smile to my face.
The story itself progressed so naturally, and fluidly, that I got lost in the book, and before I knew it, I was one hundred pages in, and invested in these characters lives. Not just Eleanor & Park's, but every character we came into contact with. I want more!
Naturally I have also come across fanart to sate my need for more, so I will probably spiral into the depths of Tumblr fandom once more.

If you enjoy love stories that don't revolve around dystopia, or the picture perfect, all-white characters, then you should definitely read this book.
Overall, I give Eleanor & Park, a 9 out of 10.

Thank you for reading through my ramblings.
I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless, and I'll see you next weekend!

-Emmaberry-


Social Media:
Facebook: Emmaberry (xEmmaberryx in URL)
Instagram: xEmmaberryx
Pinterest: xEmmaberryx
Tumblr: emmaberrysworld
Twitter: xEmmaberryx
Wattpad: Emma113 and xEmmaberryx

No comments:

Post a Comment